Sunday, December 30, 2007

on the beach again

here's something me and ben did tonight. when we are left with my pc, a guitar and a microphone for a few hours we generally get a song out and based off of this, we find ourselves left with said items whenever possible. he did the guitar and i did the vocals, because his chord progressions are better than mine and i was the first to an idea for the vocal melody.

on the beach again

the song is named because the first few guitar tracks reminded me of my bloody valentine, which was the only band in the world that mattered to me from mid-high school 'til a year or two ago. my bloody valentine reminds me of the beach, probably because of the white noise of the ocean.

the mix was expedited for the sake of time; it has a muddy quality that kind of reminds me of something that'd come off an old tape. i already have something in progress that we started last night and i hope to finish that soon if spending holiday money doesn't consume all my time over the next few days.

6 comments:

Friendly Fireman said...

Cool blog! "On the beach", very comforting and distant.
-Neal

Anonymous said...

Hey man,
I migrated over here from the Deerhunter blog, and I'm very jealous of you man. The stuff I've heard on your log is really good, please keep up the great work. A something at some point is a really great song, very cool concept.

Anonymous said...

do you live in Atlanta?

ominous castle said...

thanks for the kind words. i'll take a compliment where i can get one. and yes, i live in atlanta. east atlanta specifically. but if anyone else asks, tell them i live in siberia, where my main career is wrestling bears.

Anonymous said...

where in east atlanta? what part?

ominous castle said...

in a gigantic skull-shaped cave surrounded by pillars of flame that is really close to the east atlanta village.